Ferrari has remained one of the top car manufacturers known for delivering some of the most stylish and high performance vehicles that have hit the road in last many decades. Hence, almost all the Ferrari vehicles incorporate a lethal combination of elegant styling with superior performance that does not compromise on anything. The all new 2012 Ferrari 458 Spider is just another vehicle that follows this legacy and ensures that the users get the best exteriors and best machines under the hood that exceeds all other on the road. Let’s take a quick look at the top features of the vehicle in the 2012 Ferrari 458 Spider review below.
- Ferrari has always done something that has never been tried before and the 458 Spider has the folding hard top cover which looks very appealing rather than sluggish. Ferrari has not made any changes to the bonnet and the flanks that remain the same as in the previous Spider vehicles.
- The front fascia of the vehicle remains almost similar with the original vehicle but the designers have decided to make some changes to the styling of the vehicle. The styling cue has also been changed to cut down the turbulence that normally occurs in most Spider vehicles.
- The buttresses has also been redesigned to offer more protection to the driver and the passenger and has been tapered to offer more aerodynamics to the vehicle. The design allows the air flow to hit the engine cover which keeps the engine cool.
- Elegance is the first word that comes to mind when users enter the cabin of 458 Spider 2012. A lot of attention has been provided to the ergonomics and the comfort of the driver and the passenger. The car offers the same kind of driving experience as 458 Italia where the driver feels like he is in the center of the vehicle.
- It also offers the F1 cockpit style driver layout which allows the driver to feel better and most of the options are close enough to the driver for minimum hand movements and keeping the driver’s attention on the road.
- The double curvature roof is high enough to allow passengers with height of 6 foot 4 inches in comfortably. There is plenty of cargo space which allows users to carry lot of stuff along with them especially for weekend trips.
- Under the hood, 2012 Ferrari 458 Spider get the new 4.5 liter V8 direct injection engine that has the capability to produce 562 horsepower and 398 lb feet of torque. The engine is combined with seven speed dual clutch automatic which offers better driving experience to the users.
- The vehicle has the ability to accelerate from zero to 62 mph in just 3.5 seconds with the top speed that easily covers 198 mph. Although the vehicle is really fast enough it still offers fuel consumption of 19.9 mpg on the highway. The vehicle can cover 100 kilometers with 11.8 liters of fuel.
- 2012 Ferrari 458 Spider MSRP starts at $257,000 when it hit the dealerships in the US market.