Family sedans are highly popular across the globe and Toyota has been among the leading automakers that produce better family sedans. In the year 2010 Toyota decided to introduce better family sedan in the Indian market and they came up with Toyota Etios that was available in the hatchback and sedan options. The all new Toyota Etios sedan managed to grow quickly because of the better features that were incorporated in it. Here we take a quick look at the top features of the vehicle in the Toyota Etios review below.
- Toyota has decided not to make too many experiments with the exterior styling and Toyota designers have kept the design factor simple and sharp. The car gets a compact body to ensure it goes well with the Indian audiences and road conditions.
- The car also offers a smiling face on the front fascia when you combine the upper grille, lower grille and the headlamps. The upper grille gets a chrome finish while the lower grille gets a black appearance to it that makes the car appear sporty.
- The headlamps are right in the front to project lights on the road and offer better visibility along with pearl white fog lights that are placed at the end of the lower grille. On the rear side Toyota Etios gets triangular shaped tail lights that are unique. The boot space in Toyota Etios is better than most of the family sedans in the Indian market. It offers 595 liters of boot space.
- Toyota Etios sedan is available in six colors Serene Bluish Silver, White, Symphony Silver, Harmony Beige, Celestial Black and Vermilion Red.
- Toyota Etios is spacious enough for five passengers and it offers better cabin experience as per Indian conditions. The new Etios have lot of changes compared to the earlier models. Some of the changes like adjustment head rest and improvement in the quality of materials are welcomed by the buyers.
- The dual tone color effects work well for Indian conditions but the dashboard is pretty conventional and right in the center which can be disappointment for some buyers. The three spoke multi-functional steering wheel offers more audio controls and car options to the drivers.
- The seats are wide and comfortable and there is lot of space under the dashboard to store important items that are needed. It also offers best in class headroom and leg space for the rear passengers.
- Toyota Etios gets powered by 2NR-FE four cylinder 16V DOHC 1.5 liter petrol engine that generates 90 PS of power and 132 Nm of torque. The gasoline engine is mated with five speed manual transmission that boosts the performance of the vehicle.
- Toyota Etios gasoline version offers mileage of 17.6 kmpl which is almost on par with best fuel efficient vehicles in the market. The gasoline version of the vehicle provides 100 kmph acceleration in just 12.5 seconds.
- On the other hand, diesel engine Toyota Etios gets four cylinder 8V SOHC engine that generates 68 PS and 170 Nm of torque. It is a good option for budget buyers that need better fuel efficiency as it delivers 20 kmpl mileage. The diesel version Toyota Etios offers 100 kmph acceleration in 19 seconds.
- Toyota has gradually learned more about Indian road conditions and therefore they have included better safety features in the new Etios sedan. The sedan now gets airbags and better seatbelts that offer protection to front passenger and driver.
- The new sedan also gets ABS and better traction control and stability control that offer better handling and control to the driver. The car also gets new impact absorbing body structure that reduces and absorbs the jerks and impacts of the collision to protect the occupants in the car.
- Toyota Etios sedan is available in the Indian market for Rs. 5, 45,390 and above.
While Toyota Etios has managed to offer lot of exterior styling, better engine performance, fuel economy, best in class interiors and safety features it will still face some tough competition from other sedans that are already doing well in the market. Toyota Etios definitely has similar specifications to Chevrolet Sail which is currently new in the market but Toyota Etios beats Chevrolet Sail in terms of interior presentation. It also offers better deal than Tata Manza but Toyota Etios falls behind in performance when compared with Honda Amaze and Maruti Swift Dzire.