Volkswagen has come up with some of the top sedans and Passat Saloon has managed to impress many buyers across the globe including the US and the United Kingdom. Let’s take a quick look at the top features of the vehicle in the Volkswagen Passat Saloon review below.
- Volkswagen has made sure that the car looks very European from the outside and therefore the overall design of the vehicle is inspired from some of the older European vehicles. Volkswagen has said that they have not made many changes to the overall exteriors of the car but they have tweaked the structure to improve the aerodynamics of the vehicle.
- The front fascia of the vehicle is very simple and elegant with the same front grille that is available in most of the Volkswagen cars.
- The all new Volkswagen Passat Saloon offers lot of cabin space with the new car. Car buyers looking for more space will be happy with the cabin structure of the car. The car offers lot of headroom and space to rear passengers as well making it one of the top cars in the full size sedan category.
- The materials used for the interiors are not very high quality but they are definitely above the average and they offers lot of comfort to the passengers. The overall controls in the interiors are well placed and designed for maximum control to the driver.
- The car also offers wide range of safety features for the passengers and the driver making it one of the safest full size saloon car in the market. The overall experience with the car is good because it offers the best combination that is required for better driving experience. The car also gets five star rating for the safety features that are incorporated in the vehicle.
- The entry level model gets 2.5 liter inline 5 engine that offers 170 horsepower and 177 lb feet of torque. The car offers six speed manual or automatic transmission and the vehicle can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 9 seconds. The car also offers fuel economy of 22 mpg in the city, 32 mpg on the highway and 26 mpg combined. The 2010 Volkswagen Passat Saloon incorporates 2.0 liter four cylinder engine that pumps 200 horsepower and is combined with DSG six speed transmission. However, both the models give out similar fuel economy.
- However, the car is also available with 3.5 liter V6 engine that offers superior performance and the engine can produce 280 horsepower and 258 lb feet of torque. The car also gets six speed dual clutch automated transmission and can sprint from zero to 60 mph in 6.4 seconds with the economy of 20 mpg in the city, 28 mpg on the highway and 23 mpg combined. Volkswagen decided to add the 3.5 liter V6 engine to Passat only in 2012 mainly for buyers that need more power under the hood.
- In terms of safety Volkswagen Passat Saloon manages to secure five star rating for Euro NCAP crash test rating. However, the flip side of the vehicle is that it does not offer driver knee airbag that can upset some buyers. The car offers front side and curtain air bags that can protect the driver and front passenger from the crash. Volkswagen Passat Saloon also gets anti-whiplash protection with front headrests. The car also offers keyless entry which protects the car from theft and other possible threats.
- 2013 Volkswagen Passat Saloon is available in the market for MSRP $20,845 and above. In the UK it is priced at 19,610 GBP and above.
There is no doubt that Volkswagen Passat Saloon has been one of the top sedans that you can find in the market. It has the style factor that is needed and it is spacious as well, and it is available in various engine options. However, it lacks the luxurious interiors and various safety features that can be crucial to some buyers and that can go against it.