Fruits are a treat of nature for us. The daily consumption of fresh fruits is very important for the adequate supply of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Now, its added everywhere in Foods guides and US government recommends several servings of fruits daily to maintain good health, as it prevents numerous diseases.
Among all the fruits available in the market, one beneficial fruit is gaining maximum attention of the people in general and researchers specifically. That is POMEGRANATE.
Earliest Fruit Cultivated:
It is among the one of the earliest fruits cultivated on earth by Ancient man. Other fruits are Olives, Figs, Rates and Grapes respectively being cultivated around 4000 B.C.E and 3000 B.C.E.
The fruit is of high importance in the Greek Mythology and in Islamic Holy Book its presence in Heavens is mentioned.
- It helps the human body to generate natural defense against the diseases of Alzheimer’s & different kinds of cancers and coronary diseases.
- It defends against old age disease remarkably Arthritis. So it is known as anti-aging fruit.
- Pomegranate is widely available as a fresh fruit, in juices, in beverages, ice creams and syrups.
- Pomegranate is a very attractive fruit of deep red color and juice is having a deep purple tone. Plenty of antioxidants help the body in maintaining gloomy, tight youthful skin – free of sports and wrinkles.
The fruit is a Miracle fruit for its benefits. Must be used by people of all ages. Following are the properties possessed by this handsome fruit:
Prevents Heart Diseases
- It contains antioxidants which keeps unhealthy bad cholesterol away from building up in the body as a result helps the arteries to remain clear of blockages.
- It helps in reducing the chance of heart attacks and strokes.
- Supports the normal flow of blood to the heart if consumed regularly
Prevents Various Cancers:
Now more researchers recommend its daily intake because of antioxidant “Flavenoids” which are present in this fruit.
They support body’s natural defense against several cancers and cancer causing radicals.
Reduced Risk of Sickness:
There are not valid proofs but it is considered to avoid general illnesses specially old age ailments like: Arthrosclerosis, Osteoarthritis and diabetes. As it prevents the thickening and hardening of arterial walls so, in result helping up joints and cartilage.
Good Source of Vitamins:
Rich source of Vitamin A, C and E as well Folic acid is also present in noticeable amount.
Good in Pregnancy
Fruits are very important for expecting mothers. A research has proved its importance in pregnancy as it avoids low birth weights and the delivery of pre mature babies. Fruit and juice both are good to consume at least 2 times a week.
- Relieves care threat by some of the consumers
- Fights back the disease of Alzheimer in old age
Good for Skin
Pomegranate is now a days gaining much place as a fruit excellent for fresh clear glowy skin all over the world. Other than juices, many scrubs and masks are also available in the stores which are spoke to be good bye the users.
Source of Iron
It supports the healthy flow of blood because of its good Iron content. Thus prevents and cures all sorts of Anemia, which causes:
- Pale skin
- Exhaustion & hear loss
- The good supply of antioxidants supports immune system in general
- It might have some anti-viral properties still under research
- It helps in controlling the feeling of malaise in Menopause by several women
There are countless reasons of consuming Pomegranate in your daily diet if you can afford the fruit or juice extract. The taste is divine and gaining popularity rapidly in all parts of the world. Try it and enjoy the countless benefits.