Hosted Video Solutions
Hosted video solutions are evolving offering greater coverage and features in terms of security and surveillance. They’re the future of business growth and security. So, if you’re looking for hosted video applications or would simply like to know more about what they are and how they can benefit your enterprise, read on.
What Are Hosted Videos?
If you’ve heard the term cloud computing, understanding hosted videos will be easier.
Cloud computing is about consuming computing resources as a utility instead of building the entire infrastructure on your own at your business premises. All hosted services are delivered over the internet, offering real-time insights to data manipulation and sharing. All connected members can access and update information centrally on the cloud, keeping everyone on the same page.
The hosted video security system also utilizes cloud computing technology. It connects all the security cameras and encoders installed on your property with a remote cloud, allowing direct uploading for remote surveillance. If required, you can then hire a service provider to monitor activity around your premises and tackle emergencies even if the taskforce isn’t present on site.
Hosted video solutions can be used for homes as well. The idea is to protect your property against malicious intent.
What are the Benefits of Hosted Videos?
The benefits are plenty; in fact, these are the reasons why this technology is being adapted by businesses everywhere.
Here are a few that’ll make you think in favor of hosted videos too.
- Remote Access: You don’t need to be present on site in order to access the videos. All you need is a browser and internet connection. Whether you’re vactioning in Miami or relaxing at home, you can access the videos just about anywhere!
- Space Saving: Imagine having to store tons of video records in an office that is already too small for people! Hosted security solutions mean you’ve outsourced your burden. No equipment or records need to be maintained at office – they’ll all be stored securely in a data center, accessible whenever required.
Types of Hosted Video Solutions
There are several types of hosted video solutions you can opt for. Here are the major categories you should be keeping an eye out for:
- Video Surveillance: This helps you take care of false alarms at your property. Through a virtual guard tour, you can scrutinize the property from the comfort of your home, ensuring all parameters are secured.
- Video-Enabled Business Management: This is particularly useful for the retail industry. Monitor consumers’ and employees’ activities remotely via video surveillance. Understand the flaws in your current strategy and suggest improvements that’ll boost your bottom-line. Happier customers, higher sales.
- Video-Enabled Guard Force: Something happened at the workplace in your absence? This feature enables you to call for help remotely, instructing security guards to reach the spot where the situation has erupted. After all, you can’t be everywhere but technology sure can!
- Temporary Surveillance: There may be times when you’ll need to observe or monitor a situation for a short period of time. For instance, if you’re in charge of a construction site or you’re overlooking the arrangements of an event, you’ll need to look on the activities while they occur. And if you can’t be there in person, the next best thing you can do is temporary surveillance via hosted video solutions.
You should handover your surveillance troubles to experts only to experience better tomorrow.