With the vast usage of technological devices, especially smart phones, the usage of social media has become immensely popular, be it personal or professional lives. So much so that each day there are thousands of new users joining the social media websites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
What makes social media so attractive in first place?
The answer is profile pictures.
A new survey conducted by a local online service provider concluded that social media profile for two years on average people keep the same profile picture. It does not matter whether the profiles are updated on daily basis; the pictures remain same even up to four years.
To find out about the status of profile pictures on social media, Bidvine surveyed 2000 British users. Results showed that:
- The users on dating apps such as Grindr and Tinder, change their profile pictures more frequently- every 2- 3weeks.
- Facebook and Instagram users change pictures every 5 to 6 months, on average.
- Profile pictures on dating websites like Plenty of Fish and Match.com remain as long as 3.2 to 4 years, respectively.
Upon asking about the social media profile pictures update, the following stats were concluded:
- Grinder 2 weeks
- Tinder 3 weeks
- Whatsapp 2.5 months
- Facebook 5 months
- Instagram 6 months
- Snapchat 8 months
- Twitter 1.8 years
- LinkedIn 2.1years
- Plenty of Fish-3.2 years
- com-4 years
Research has shown interesting reasons of these findings. Interestingly, 11% of respondents revealed that their online profile pictures were taken years ago. They were asked that why they don’t change their profile pictures regularly? Results were asunder:
- 62% of respondents answered that they keep the pictures they like the most
- 49% responded as they wanted to appear younger and beautiful in their pictures.
- Almost every 1 out of 4 people answered as they did not want their boss to look at their fresh profile picture.
Sohrab Jahanbani, the CEO of Bidvine, analyzed that the frequency of changing profile pictures reveals that users on common dating websites as well as on professional platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter, pictures are not updated regularly. Mostly, young people change their pictures frequently. Another, point is that people want to display their best photos and don’t want to change.
If you want to have perfect profile picture, there are many players in market offering free professional photography services. Not only that, but for various occasions, you can get the best professional pictures; that you can display on social media profile.