Car buying patterns are changing globally and car manufacturers around the world have to make sure that they offer something practical in the new vehicles that they roll out. Most of the car manufacturers are now focusing on smaller vehicles that offer electric options and be more fuel efficient in every possible way. Ford has always focused on fuel economy of the vehicle but now for the first time Ford has decided to come out with their plug-in hybrid vehicle. The all new 2013 Ford C-Max Energi Plug-In hybrid is something that the company has already launched it before experts could review it. Let’s take a quick look at the top features in the 2013 Ford C-Max Energi Plug-In Hybrid review below.
- Ford has always been conscious about the exteriors of the vehicle but for the C-Max Energi Plug In hybrid vehicle the company has decided to stick with simple curves and design.
- The vehicle looks very simple and aerodynamic which offers more savings to the consumers. Ford claims that the design also offers more to the performance of the vehicle and therefore they have decided not to make it look too sporty and jazzy.
- Ford has also focused on the interiors and consumers will enjoy the spacious interiors that it offers. There is ample of space for front passengers as well as those in the rear. It also offers double cargo space than that of Chevrolet Volt but less than what Prius has to offer.
- The dashboard is decent and most of the features and instrument panel options are close to the driver for better overall control.
- Ford has concentrate on the performance of the vehicle and therefore it incorporates a large 7.6 kWh lithium ion battery that offers superior performance on the road. The car can be used as an all electric car as well if the car is maintained under 40 mph speed.
- The combined engine-motor output of the vehicle is 195 horsepower which is 54 horsepower more than Prius powertrain. The car also incorporates Atkinson cycle 2.0 liter four cylinder gasoline engine that offers 148 horsepower. The car can travel 21 miles completely on electric power. It offers EPA estimates of 44 mpg in the city, 41 mpg on the highway and 43 mpg combined.
- Ford has announced that the estimate price of the vehicle will be at $29,995 with tax incentives.