BMW has always been known for the kind of luxury and premium features that are incorporated in the vehicle to deliver that supreme driving experience. BMW marketed the 3 Series in a better way and it managed to get the right kind of response but now BMW has decided to do something better and take the driving experience to the next level with more sophistication and advanced technologies that make BMW 4 Series one of the most talked about cars in the market. Although, at first glance BMW 4 Series looks like a photo copy of 3 Series with some minor changes on the top but BMW 4 Series actually manages to offer many new features and design factor that also justifies the premium price that it comes at. Here we take a quick look at the top features of the vehicle in the BMW 4 Series review below.
- Although, it has identical looks like the 3 Series but the new BMW 4 Series offers a sleeker presence than the earlier sedan. It has low slung, low cabin profile that makes it look aggressive and sporty and that should appeal to many young car buyers.
- The character lines that rise from the front fender continue to the rear headlights and adds to the visual impression making it look better than any of the previous version. The new BMW 4 Series also is 2 inches lower to the ground and has longer wheelbase for better space and handling stability. The vents just around the front wheels improve the aerodynamics of the car.
- On the front side it gets Adaptive LED headlights that offer better road visibility especially during poor light conditions. It also gets elongated bonnet in the front while it gets L shaped rear lights that light up instantly when dynamic brakes are applied. The rear side looks broader offering a wider stance offering athletic perfection.
- BMW offers wide range of engine options for the consumers and therefore it offers four cylinder and six cylinder petrol engines and diesel engines for the buyers.
- The all new BMW 428i SE Coupe, BMW 420i xDrive SE Coupe and BMW 420i SE Coupe gets BMW TwinPower Turbo four cylinder petrol engine that produces 184 horsepower for all 420i coupes and 245 horsepower for 428i coupes. The 420i coupes offer acceleration of zero to 62 mph in 7.3 seconds while 428i coupes offer acceleration of zero to 62 mph in 5.9 seconds. The 420i coupes offer fuel economy of 46.3 mpg while the 420i coupes offer fuel economy of 42.8 mpg.
- 2014 BMW 4 Series also offer six cylinder 3.0 liter engine in BMW 435i that produces 305 horsepower and 400Nm of torque. It offers acceleration of zero to 62 mph in 5.4 seconds with maximum speed of 155 mph. The fuel economy of the vehicle remains at 35.8 mpg.
- BMW also offers four cylinder diesel engines for BMW 420d SE Coupe and BMW 420d xDrive SE Coupe. The diesel engine produces 184 horsepower and 380Nm of torque. The car accelerates from zero to 62 mph in 7.5 seconds while offering top speed of 149 mph. The fuel economy of the vehicle is 60.1 mpg.
- The six cylinder diesel engine available in BMW 435d xDrive M Sport Coupe and BMW 430d Luxury Coupe offers 258 horsepower and 560Nm of torque. The car accelerates from zero to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds with top speed of 155 mph while offering fuel economy of 57.6 mpg.
- The cabin design is very much like 3 Series but BMW has worked it out to make it brand new. The overall design looks very premium and spacious and comfortable. The interior also gets new 6.5 inch display screen that handles all the important and luxurious features that are in the vehicle.
- The front seats are low and supportive and that only adds to better driving experience. There is plenty of leg room and head space available for tall passengers as well but the interior storage is average.
- 2014 BMW Series comes with standard safety features like ABS, traction control, stability control, front side airbags, side curtain airbags, and front knee airbags. BMW also offers BMW Service Inclusive and BMW Assist emergency communications like automatic crash notification, stolen vehicle recovery, and on-demand roadside assistance. There are other optional safety features like front and rear parking sensors, rearview camera, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning system and automated parking system.
- 2014 BMW 4 Series starts at price $40,500 and above in the market.
2014 BMW 4 Series is definitely one of the promising series that BMW has come up with. The engine options allow drivers and owners to customize their own car in their own way while offering better fuel economy and performance. The interiors are comfortable and spacious but it will still face some competition from 2014 Infiniti Q60 Coupe and 2014 Mercedes C-Class coupe that will be in the market as well.