Porsche has been working hard on improving their sports cars that can perform better and more efficiently on some of the best race tracks in the world. Now, Porsche has made an announcement that they have already gone through trials and have decided to enter the next phase for the new 918 Spyder Prototype. The company said that they have already tried some of their experiments and trials and they will keep the tuning process that is available for all the other Porsche vehicles. The vehicle performed 12.92 miles long Nordschleife of the Nurburgring race course that has many bends and curves. The company said that although the car is not made for daily needs but it has all the options to handle daily life tasks.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the modification and upgrades that Porsche has made to the new 918 Spyder prototype.
- Porsche has decided to improve the aerodynamics of the vehicle by using the carbon fiber reinforced polymer monocoque which not only reduces the weight of the car but also improves the aerodynamics of the vehicle. Porsche has also incorporated rear axle steering which provides stability to the car design.
- It also carries two piece Targa roof and fixed roll over protection system which will make the car better and safe at the same time.
- The 918 Spyder prototype also comes with best in the class V8 engine that can produce 570 horsepower. The system included in the car drives all three drives together and can really perform better than any other super sports race car in the market. It also has less CO2 emission rate which is total 70 grams per kilometer.
- The vehicle can perform at the top speed of 325 kmph and can accelerate from zero to 100 in just 3 seconds flat. It also has lithium ion battery with 6.8 kWh capacity that can allow the car to perform at 150 kmph for 25 kilometers.
- The 918 Spyder prototype come with high performance hybrid brake system with adaptive recuperation ceramic brake discs to ensure better performance in all kinds of weather conditions and terrains.
- The 4.6 liter V8 mid engine drivetrain is good enough to boost the performance of the car with other options like four cooling circuits for motors, thermal management, transmission and batteries. The consumption power of the car is 3.0 liters per 100 kilometers.