LG has been constantly striving to get to the top position in the smartphone market and now they have launched the all new LG Optimus L9 smartphone that will compete some of the top smartphone contenders like Samsung Galaxy S3 and Apple iPhone 5. LG claims that this is currently the most powerful phone that they have in the L family of smartphones that can offer some really good smartphone experience.
- LG has tried not to experiment too much with the design and therefore the phone has this compact design that offers matte finish plastic back that offers sophisticated look and better grip when you hold it in hand.
- The phone is 5.19 inches X 2.69 inches and only 0.36 inches thick which makes it one of the slimmest smartphones in the market and in the LG smartphone family. The phone is also among the lightest at 4.41 ounces.
- On the front side it offers eye catching metallic details and beveled edges that offers premium look to the overall smartphone design. Although it offers the same look as L7 there are various minor features that separates it from the earlier version.
- On the front, LG Optimus L9 has a huge 4.5 inch IPS LCD technology screen that offers amazing clarity to the users. The screen offers 540 x 960 pixels screen resolution making it one of the best screen displays in the market.
- It also offers QHD Corning Gorilla glass 2 display which is one of the best that offers maximum protection from scratches and also offers better view for reading, browsing and watching videos.
- However, the auto-brightness feature is missing which means that users have to set the brightness options manually when they are inside or out in the open sunny environment.
- Under the phone L9 is powered by dual core 1GHz Cortex A9 that offers better smartphone experience. The processor is fast enough to handle all multi-tasking features and various video experiences.
- The phone also features Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich which is quick and responsive. The new operating system works fluidly with the powerful processor to get notifications on time, customize home screens, resize widgets and even upgrade various features internally.
- On the back, L9 sports 5 megapixel autofocus camera that includes LED flash, geo tagging and face detection features. The camera is also capable of 1080p video at 30fps. It also includes front facing VGA camera on the upper right side.
- The all new LG Optimus L9 offers 2150 mAh lithium-ion battery that offers decent performance.